Friday, November 4, 2011

Blah Blah Blah

As always, when there is much to blog about, I don't have the time to be on the computer. In a busy world, there are only so many hours in a day and I am making a conscious decision to try to use the hours I have wisely. I've been getting up early (as always) but instead of getting on the computer while it's fairly quiet, I've been studying in my echo room. I really needed to get back to my bible study and hadn't been making time for it lately. I'm also trying to be much more intentional about being with my kids when they are here. That's impossible when I'm trying type on the computer. But it really came down to the fact that if I had an extra half hour to spend on the computer, that meant that in reality, I had an extra half hour to spend on my family, if I would choose them over the computer. So I did. Which means it's even harder to find time to blog. I think instead of blogging every day I'll try to blog on Saturday's and Sunday's (and maybe a little bit in between :) Unfortunately, it may mean I miss some things but that's the way it needs to be for now.
.
So here's a bit of what's kept us busy:
  • Zeke is still doing awesome. No pain and loves his wheelchair! His school friends take turns pushing him around and reading to him. The cast is scheduled to be removed on Nov 30 so we'll be taking another trip to St Paul.
  • We had conferences for all the kids and everyone is doing great academically. All A's or B's. Anthony still has some issues we need to help him with - see other Anthony posts - but his grades are high because he's such a smart kid. The other day he and Riley were fighting over a school library book because they each though it was theirs. Turns out that they had both checked out the same book. The book was at Riley's 4th grade reading level, so I had Anthony read me a page just to show him that it would be too hard for him to read and he should pick a book that was at his level instead. I'll be darned if that kid didn't read me an entire page of a 4th grade book! My mistake Anthony - pick any book you want.
  • The little one is still with us and will be until the next court date the end of December. We'll see what happens after that.
  • My husband decided that with the great low interest rate, it would be a good idea to refinance our house. So we are.  Then he decided it would be a good idea to add on to our house, since we already had the plans drawn up last year and it won't cost us any more than what we're already set for a mortgage payment, since we had built up so much equity in our house already. Apparently we close on the 18th of Oct for the refinancing and then construction will probably start shortly after that.
  • I could go on and on but I have to leave for a meeting in Madison this morning and now I'm 20 minutes behind my own schedule :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment