Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Riley! (plus some random stuff)

Yesterday Steve took the kids to an SDSU football game. It was pretty cold so I stayed home with Zeke and Sophia. The tickets were thanks to DSS, who received tickets to the game from a sponsor and then gave some to our family. The kids loved it!
.
Although yesterday was Riley's birthday, it was also homecoming for our local college team so there was a parade and football game. Because of all the other activities, we're celebrating Riley's birthday next weekend so he can have some friends over.
.
I'm hoping today to post Riley's pictures in honor of his birthday, like I have for the other kids. It's fun to do but very time consuming because not all the pictures are in the same location.
.
And for anyone who thinks I'm a good mom, sorry but here comes another story to prove otherwise. Remember when I said I would post pictures of the kids in their halloween costumes? Apparently I only took one of Brittney and her friends and some of the little one, which I can't post anyway. All the kids in the middle didn't get in a picture! I almost made the kids put their costumes back on yesterday just so I could take a picture. I might still do that.
Here's the one of Brittney and some friends.
.
The other day Brittney saw my wedding dress in the closet and wanted to try it on.
It fit!
I was a little sad remembering that I was skinny once too.

.
I have the cutest picture of our little one in her costume and it's killing me not to post it! I was telling someone the other day that my entire life seems to be confidential.
I have a foster child, whose life is confidential.
I review foster case files, which are confidential.
I work at headstart with kids whose files are confidential.
And now there are some things going on with Headstart that are confidential.
Not only do I not have time for my friends, I feel like I couldn't tell them anything even if I did have time. So a big thank you to all my friends who accept that I have to be vague a lot of the time.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment