Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tough Week - and it's only Tuesday!

Yesterday stunk! Anthony is having behavior issues at school. He's been having them all year but they've been getting progressively worse. The teacher and I have very different view about how to handle him.  But, darn it, I can't be with him 24/7 and I can't convince them that it will work better my way.

Riley had a lot of the same issues but we were able to work with his various teachers in kindergarten and first grade and use what worked with him. Even though he still has issues, I can honestly say that he improves every year and most of what we see now is pretty typical of a 3rd grade boy.

Unfortunately, Anthony's behavior is continually getting worse at school. At this point, I'm just trying hold on until summer.

If he wasn't my kid, I'd probably be laughing at some of his behavior. But he is my kid, so I'm not laughing. Here's just a bit:  taking his shirt off and twirling it around his head in class, getting mad and throwing a chair, not participating in circle time and just wandering around the classroom, playing in the toy area while the other kids are doing their schoolwork, laying down in the classroom doorway and not getting up, not going to gym/music because he doesn't want to, etc.

I picked up the baby early yesterday because she was running a fever and not feeling good, although she giggled when I picked her up.


Then there's Taylor. She has started yelling the F bomb at her siblings in the last few days.

And to top it off for the week, I took Zeke back to the doctor this morning and he still has a staph infection. On a good note, when I took him out for lunch after the appointment and he wanted two hot dogs, he was excited to learn that there is such a thing as a "footlong". It completely made his day.
.
So if anyone remembers the comercial, "Calgon - take me away!", that's my battle cry for the rest of the week. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment