Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

"He is risen!"

"He is risen indeed!"

Sometimes I get so busy with everyday things that I don't leave time for the really important things. Don't get me wrong, our family still goes to church, prays, reads our bible, and tries to help others. But is actual deep spiritual growth happening during those period in my life? Probably not.

The Easter season is a good time for a reminder to myself that life isn't about me or even my family. It's not about what I can accomplish or what makes me happy. It's about God wanting us enough to create us, and then when we decided we knew better than God, He still loved us enough to give us his only Son so that we might live, and live abundantly!  

How awesome is that!
.
.
.
Last night, Brittney divided all the candy and put it in the baskets. We even  got a chocolate bunny for the baby. I can't wait to clean her up after that! There are new Easter outfits for the kids for church this morning. Special thanks to Grandma Connie & Grandpa Larry for the girls' dresses this year. I can't wait to post a picture of Riley! He wanted a suit so badly and JCPenny's had a really good sale so I took him down and let him try one on. He loved it!  I splurged with my headstart money and bought it for him. He's so proud. He refers to it as his "tuxedo".
.
Our church is having a free breakfast this morning at 8am and then after church we're relaxing a bit. Then we'll have our Easter dinner at our house this evening with our family, Steve's mom & brother, and Grandma Connie & Grandpa Larry.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment