Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Tried Not To Cry

Those of you who know me well know that I don't cry often. I don't like to cry. I think it makes me feel powerless. But every once in a great while, it happens anyway.

On Thursday evening, the tears welled up for a GOOD reason.

It's been a long month. If you read the past blog entries, you can see that it's been a challenging month. Steve's been gone most of the time, the kids have been sick, lots of behavior issues, a new job, and just generally trying to juggle everything. I've felt like I've been juggling a million balls in the air and a few were about to come tumbling down on my head! In addition to all that, parenting is hard work. And for kids with additional issues like my kids, it requires even more time and attention than "normal". Sometimes I wonder if I'm having any impact on the world at all.

Then comes a time like Thursday evening.

To know Zeke's issues when he he arrived at our house a few years ago - couldn't walk, wasn't potty trained, had a very small vocabulary, needed constant supervision, etc - and then to see him at his school concert. It was priceless. He walked in with his class, stood throughout the entire 45 minute concert, and sang his heart out! It made it all worthwhile :)

Zeke and his teacher, Mrs Neiles
 .
2nd Grade Concert
Zeke is the cute guy in the white shirt and tie on the far left.
Taylor is in the middle with the white sweater and white flower in her hair.
 .
Zeke walking into school with a friend
.

No comments:

Post a Comment