Saturday, February 6, 2010

Trip to Omaha

We made it safely to Omaha. The roads were sometimes wet and slushy but generally dry. I had such a great time last night that I couldn't bring myself to waste any time on the computer. . Yesterday: I picked up Anthony from preschool at 11am. We ran a few last minute errands and then got Brittney at the Middle School forty five minutes later. From there we headed to the grade school to pick up Riley, Taylor, Zeke and Aubrey. At my sister Heather's, we traded Taylor and Aubrey for a bag of food. Actually, Grandma and Grandpa asked if they could ride in their car but didn't have a lot of room so we put some of their stuff in our van. Then we met Steve back at home and headed to get some lunch. . We decided to drive through Zesto's, a hometown place pretty much like a Dairy Queen. Mom and Dad were ahead of us in their car. While we were ordering at the drive through, they were paying at the window. Dad told the gentleman that they wanted to pay for the vehicle in line behind them. The man hesitated, then questioned, "They have a lot." Dad laughed and handed over the card to pay. . We had absolutely no arguments or fighting on the entire 4 hour trip. I'm not making this up, we really didn't. It helped that we were missing one kid (remember Tay was with the grandparents) but our seating arrangement also makes a difference. I drove the whole way and Brittney was my co-pilot. Steve and Anthony had the seats in the middle of the van and Zeke and Riley each had window seats in the back. In all honesty, the only kid I had to remind to keep his hands to himself was Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment