Saturday, February 6, 2010

That's What Dad's Do

As I was taking a shower this morning, I noticed Steve's shirt from yesterday hanging over the shower curtain rod. It was soaking wet. I teased him a bit and asked if he went swimming with his shirt on. He told me he had to jump in after Zeke last night. Zeke is an Ok swimmer. In fact, he passed level one in swimming lessons last summer. But sometimes he panicks. And that's what happened last night. Zeke was swimming with a fun noodle. He swam to where he thought he could touch and let go of the fun noodle. When he realized his feet were not on the pool floor, he panicked and started to struggle in the water. Steve dove in after him and pulled him back up. After Zeke settled down a bit, he looked up at Steve and asked, "Dad, why you save me?" Steve responded, "Because that's what dad's do."

No comments:

Post a Comment