Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lots of Ice = Changing Schedules

Brittney was supposed to have a gymnastics meet this morning in Sioux Falls. She was disapointed that it was cancelled but I was relieved. Steve is working all weekend at the Swiftel Center so I was taking all the kids by myself on the icy roads just to make them sit through the competition for hours. It's hard to concentrate on gymnastics while trying to entertain four young kids for four hours. . Taylor was supposed to attend a Cheerleading Clinic this morning but it was postponed until later in February. . A few weeks ago, I tried to sign Riley and Taylor up for an SDSU basketball clinic. At the time it was full and they were so far down on the waiting list (registration was during the time I was out of town) that I didn't think there was any way they would be able to participate. But because of all the ice, lots of kids cancelled. I received an email yesterday informing me that there was space for them. So I took them over to the college this morning to play basketball and work on skills. The kids like learning from the college players but their favorite part every year is having all the players sign the shirts they receive. It's pretty big stuff when you're eight! . Since Brittney's gymnastics meet in Sioux Falls was cancelled, the coach decided to have an inter-squad meet here in town. So I took Taylor to my sister's, Riley and Zeke went to Boy's & Girls Club, and Anthony and I went downtown to watch Brittney and her teammates perform. Afterward, we picked all the kids up and I took them out to eat at Culvers. I love watching them order on their own and having fun kid conversation. Now we're just about finished with baths and I think we might have a movie night. Seve won't be home until later and I'm too tired for game night!

No comments:

Post a Comment