Wednesday, January 13, 2010

God Is Cool, Even in St Paul

I took the kids down to breakfast this morning. At first, we were the only people in the breakfast area but eventually another couple came down. She sat at a table while he went out to start their car. After a few minutes, she queitly approached me and asked if they could pray for Zeke. She and her husband sat down at the table with us and placed their hands on Zeke and feverently prayed for him and his health. They thanked God for him and asked for his healing in Zeke's life. Later, she had some amazing stories to tell. She asked if I would be interested in a book about prayer that had changed her life. Ironically enough, my women's class on Sunday has recently been diving into our prayer lives with renewed fever. I use the word ironic but that's not correct. God knows what he's doing and who and what he places in our lives. But because he also gave us a free will, we choose how we react to people and circumstances. I'm so glad that Judy chose to listen to God's leading and pray for Zeke. It may not bring him healing but it definitely gave me peace of mind on a hectic day! * Interesting facts: .The couple's names were Gary & Judy (same names as my aunt and uncle) .We were the only two families in the breakfast room .The book was written by a women from Anderson, IN (where Steve's biblical author grandfather was from .My bible study has recently been studying the power of prayer and I was handed a book by a stranger on Prayer Strategy. * God is good where ever we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment