Saturday, January 30, 2010

Latisha

Latisha, the little girl who's staying with us this weekend, loves to play at our house. She and Taylor are enjoying some girl time this morning. Last night went well until bedtime. No one wanted to lay down. You're shocked, I know! We all got PJ's on and settled in with blankets and pillows to watch a movie. But then I couldn't get the DVD player to work. That's usually when I call for Steve but of course, he isn't home. So we moved to plan B. I tucked the boys in bed and had the girls crawl into my bed with me to watch TV. By now, it was 9pm and there wasn't really anything great for them to watch. We tried watching America's Funniest Home Videos since it's child-friendly but it only wound the kids up instead of helping them wind down. So I moved to plan C. I turned off the TV and just snuggled with them. Poor Latisha just kept getting up to go to the bathroom, get a drink, get her chapstick, kick off the blankets because she was hot, etc. You get the picture. I just kept hoping she would settle down so Taylor could get to sleep. Finally it occured to me to pray over her. I just held her and asked God to help settle her little body down so she could rest peacefully. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as I finished that prayer, Latisha asked in her cute little voice,"Tricia, could you play with my hair?" I did and she was asleep almost instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment