Sunday, January 22, 2012

Today :( and :)

Today didn't have the best beginning with Riley and Taylor both throwing up. They've continued to sleep and throw up all day. I sent Steve's mom with him to Brittney's cheer competition in Sioux Falls and they also took Anthony. My sister came and picked up the little one because she kept trying to get into the bathroom with everyone else. She'll keep her until Steve gets back from SF. That means I was only left with 2 sick kids and Zeke. Everyone's asleep now except for me so I thought I'd get some laundry done and post a quick update.
.
Riley spoke to his birth mom yesterday for the first time in 5 years. It went well. It looks like we'll be able to continue the conversations and possibly meet with her this spring. I didn't get involved in the conversation other than to be in the room with him in case he needed me and to monitor his end of the phone call. At the conclusion of the call, he gave me a big hug. Later in the day he told me he really misses his mom. He's got a lot to process and I only hope I can give him the support he needs.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment