Friday, January 20, 2012

Intervention

After some wonderful intervention by family and friends, I'm definitely not crabby anymore.
*My co-worker gave me a hug for no reason other than she knew I was having a rough day. Anyone who knows me well knows I don't generally do hugs but there are a few safe people out there who hug extremely well and Laurie is one of them.
*My mother-in-law made me an entire banana cream pie (my favorite!) just because she knew I was having a rough week.
*My mom babysat last night so Steve and I could spend some time together after my board meeting. We don't have much time together and what little time we have is either taken up with children or we're too tired to talk. We were able to just sit and visit for a little while.
*Later last night, I was able to spend time with a friend that understands exactly what I'm going through. It was nice to have an understanding ear and some good advice.
.
Today it's snowing and blowing so I cancelled our two Sioux Falls appointments and the little one and I are just hanging out at home today. We might clean and organize, we might snuggle and play, we might do nothing at all but stay warm and read a book :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment