Friday, January 13, 2012

Appointment Recap

Now that I've had some sleep, here's the latest:

Zeke's appointment with his orthopedic surgeon went really well. She's pleased with how well he's doing and how everything looks. I can discontinue his physical therapies at the hospital, unless we decide he needs them again. I turned in the wheelchair since he doesn't need it at all anymore and he has clearance to go without his walker. He'll continue physical therapy at school twice a week and will use the walker for longer distances if he needs/wants to use it. He'll also be playing basketball once a week and I'll continue to do stretches at home with him. I'll take him to his doctor in Sioux Falls in a couple of months for his next checkup and just to check in with her because we don't have to go back to St Paul until August!
.
Both Zeke and Taylor had a good time on the trip. We arrived in St Paul around 6pm Wednesday evening and left town around 4pm Thursday. Zeke's appointment wasn't until 1:15pm Thursday and were out of the clinic by 2:30pm so I was hoping to connect with someone while we were there but they couldn't make it work. If I was being honest, I'd say that I was really disappointed. But since I don't feel like being honest anymore because it hurts too much, so I'll say that it didn't bother me at all and go on with life.
.
The roads were ok driving back so we were home by 8pm last night. All the kids were excited to see me, except Anthony, who is spending the night with Grandma Connie & Grandpa Larry. I have to admit, my favorite was the little one, who jumped right into my arms and kept saying, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" She wouldn't let me put her down. Everytime I tried, she cried. And I thought she didn't miss me! I fell into bed soon after we got home and didn't get up until 5am this morning.
.
Now to get all the kids ready and off to school and daycare so I can make it to Headstart by 8am. I'll jump in with my co-workers and we'll head to Madison for our in-service training all day.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment