Monday, May 31, 2010

No New Photos

You may have noticed that I haven't posted any new photos for a few days.  There's a reason for that.  I was going to say there's a good reason but then I reconsidered when I realized it really isn't a GOOD reason.  It's definitely a bad reason.
.
Last week, I looked out my kitchen window and saw the boys and David playing with trucks in the backyard.  It seemed like a great photo opportunity so I ran to grab my new camera.

I can't remember if I blogged about my old camera issues.  I'd had my old camera for years but earlier this year, I dropped it in a parking lot.  Since then, the LCD screen has been black.  I had no way to see what I was taking pictures of.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new camera but I didn't want to miss any pictures of the kids and their activities.  Jen suggested that I try pawn shops in Sioux Falls.  The short version is that we did and I found a simple digital camera with the accessories that I needed for under $50.  I was happy.
.
Fast forward to last week.  I ran to grab my new camera for the backyard pictures.  Brittney was a few steps ahead of me.  As I came out of the patio doors onto our deck, she suddenly decided to do one of her gymnastics flippy things, not realizing I was behind her.  She put her hands on the ground and kicked her feet out behind her to complete her flip.  As she did, her feet made contact with the camera in my hands and it flew across the yard and landed with a thump.  May my new camera rest in peace.

And that's the story of why I won't be posting any new pictures for a while.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment