Wednesday, May 12, 2010

1st Grade Mother's Day Tea

Taylor's class held a Mother's Day Tea on Friday.  They made the invitations and waited patiently for the day.  When we arrived, the boys greeted me at the door in their awesome ties.  Then one gently took my arm and ushered me into the candle lit room to my table.  They had pushed four desks together into a square and covered them with white cloths so they looked like little tables.  In the center of each "table" was a candle and some snacks.   Each mom sat by her child and visited while being served either coffee or tea.  The kids got punch and cookies.  The girls helped with a word game and then we visited some more.  It was a wonderful experience for me as a mom and also a great learning experience for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment