Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stromboli

Today involved lots of laundry, the kids playing school, neighborhood kids playing in the backyard, more laundry, lots of cleaning and some cooking.  Zeke wanted to help me in the kitchen so I jokingly asked him if he wanted to wipe off the stove.  You would have thought I was giving him a Christmas present!  He was so excited.  It took him a while but he did a great job.  Later, Taylor and Zeke helped me make stromboli for supper.  It's one of Steve's favorites.

In case you don't know what stromboli is, it's kind of like a rolled up pizza.  Instead of having sauce inside, you dip the stromboli in a marinara sauce after it's baked.  I make the dough, spread a flavorful mixture over it, add toppings, roll up and bake.  Then I made some homemade spanish rice to go with it.  This meal is one of our family's favorites.

I used to struggle with what to make for supper every day.  Then one day I had a brainstorm.  We have seven people in our family and seven suppers in a week.  So every week before I buy groceries, I take one meal request from each person and put it on my meal list for the coming week.  It's actually worked out pretty well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment