Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rapid City - Saturday

First stop, haircuts for Taylor and Riley. My brother's girlfriend is a hairstylist and did an amazing job with the kids' hair! By the way, I really like her. And tt's good to see my brother really happy again.
 .
After a few stops for groceries and stuff, we headed to the lake.
Riley & Tay were enjoying the view.
Plus, they didn't want to help set up camp!
.
My brother putting up the kids' tent.
He and I stayed in his camper.
.
My niece, Shelby, hanging out in the shade.
 .
Check out the hair on Emma!
She's my uncle Toby's youngest.
.
Everyone watching Uncle Vere work on his tent.
.
Riley
.
The boys went fishing right away.
My nephew Jake caught the first fish within a few minutes of casting his line.
.
My brother Jody had to keep helping untangle lines.
 .
The bigger boys decided to take out the Bass Boat.
.
They got it in the water without a problem and had fun paddling across the lake.
It was the return to camp that gave them problems.
They ended up ditching the boat and swimming back across. When they got back to shore, they did rock/paper/scissors to see who had to go get the boat.
My nephew Alex lost.
.
Uncle Vere and his grandson Marcus playing ladderball.
.
Uncle Mike & Uncle Vere
.
Of course, no camping experience is complete without a bonfire!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment