Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Wed: We stopped back at the hospital to visit a few of the therapists and nurses that we missed the day before. They were so excited to see us! I developed some special bonds while being there for 7 weeks last year. Zeke wasn't sure what to think. He was a little nervous about what they all might make him do but once he realized he could have all the attention he wanted he relaxed. I gave a big hug to our friend Kath. She worked really hard with Zeke last year just to help him roll over, crawl, and toward the end of our stay, ride a bike. She had to put up with a lot from Zeke but as I was hugging her and thanking her for all her hard work, she had tears in her eyes as she let me know that, "to see how well he's doing makes it all worthwhile." She even said that she'd think of us when other kids are having a difficult time and remember how much Zeke has progressed. We had so much fun seeing our 'hospital family'. * After we left the hospital, we shopped at IKEA for a couple of hours. Zeke wasn't that impressed but Steve and I had fun. * Then we met my mom and nephew Joe for lunch at Fudruckers. The food was good and they had a video game area, which allowed us to be able to chat for a while while Zeke played. Good times! * We made it home safely around 8pm. Zeke slept almost all the way home and I even napped a bit. My folks had the kids at the church so we stopped there. I'm heading back this morning to help with the food. * This morning I'm headed back to the church to help put the finishing touches on the Thanksgiving dinner. Some wonderful friends had the great idea to prepare and serve the traditional dinner to international students who don't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving. It expanded to be anyone who doesn't have someone to share Thanksgiving or have somewhere to go. I'm excited to be teaching our kids that Thanksgiving is about helping others. Sounds like there'll be around 200 people but we won't know for sure until it happens. * Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment