Friday, September 30, 2011

Overwhelmed

I've been looking at our schedule for the next three weeks and feeling very overwhelmed. In addition to the regular activities like work, church, piano, football, volleyball, bowling, cheer, gymnastics and services for the little one, we're also going to be:
  • celebrating Zeke's 9th birthday
  • attending court for the little one
  • meeting for PPRT's (review of children in foster care at Social Services)
  • having two days off of school for the kids
  • working at the Swiftel Center (Steve)
  • scheduling/attending doctor's appointments for Zeke prior to his surgery
  • participating in the Special Olympics Regional Bowling Tournament in Mitchell (Zeke)
  • and finally, heading to St Paul on the evening of the 17th for Zeke's surgery. I'm not sure how long we'll be there, but at least until that Friday.
The schedule wouldn't stress me out so much but we're seeing an escalation in behaviors with Anthony. It would be nice to go one week without a serious call from the school.
The call yesterday informed me that Anthony said he wanted to kill someone and he was making a list. The schools nowdays take that kind of thing very seriously. As they probably should. By the time I talked to Anthony, he said he didn't say he was going to kill anyone ELSE. "I said I was going to kill myself!!!" Oh, in that case, I guess it's fine.  Not!
The good news is that he's all talk and hasn't/wouldn't actually hurt himself or anyone else that way.
The bad news is that we have a very angry little boy. If we don't get this dealt with now, who knows how angry he'll be a few years down the road.
So yesterday afternoon, I made various phone calls and have hopefully found a therapist for Anthony that I think will be helpful in working out some of his issues. We'll have to travel to Sioux Falls - I'm encouraging a weekly session - so in the midst of our other schedules, it might get a bit complicated. But you do what you need to do.
I'll be making a few other changes for Anthony to see if we can't get his behavior at school a bit more regulated. I'll keep you posted :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment