Monday, September 5, 2011

Another Brief Update

I'm thinking I probably shouldn't be on the computer right now. Steve is still in bed and I hear lots of chaos going on in the rest of the house. But here's a few brief updates on things people have been inquiring about:
.
Foster Baby: She's 20 months old and we still have her. She is not legally cleared for adoption at this point. If parental rights would ever be terminated, we would do everything in our power to adopt her. That's about all I can say for now. God knows where she needs to be and we believe that His plan is sovereign.
.
Steve:  Steve's been involved with the board for Friends of Baseball since Riley was playing Little League this year. He'll have to tell you more about that himself since I try not to get involved other than attending the games. He also absolutely loves his new job at the bank. He's been there three months now and it's fun watching him go out the door in the morning in his dress shirt and tie. Who ever guessed I'd be married to a banker? 
.
Zeke: I still haven't heard the schedule for his next surgery. It's supposed to be in September so I'll need to give them another call tomorrow. It should be pretty minor and we'll hopefully be gone only three days for that one. He's got the Special Olympics State Softball tournament coming up the weekend of the 17th&18th but I'm not sure exactly when he plays. He'll start his bowling team next week, too. He loves all the activities and hanging out with his friends but I love the added bonus of keeping him physically active because it strengthens his bones and muscles.
.
Me: Lots of people have been asking if I'll be working this fall. That's still a complicated question right now. I'll continue working with Berndt Produce on Wed/Fri for the next six weeks until the season ends. As for headstart, I don't know yet. They want me to work and I want to work with them but because the position was a temporary one last year, they have to create the position and justify it all over again. And with all the cuts in funding everywhere, I'm not sure if they will be able to bring me in again or not. I spoke with the head teacher last Tues and she still hadn't heard either. In all honesty, I'm fine either way.

God will put me where he needs me most. If it's with the headstart special needs kids, I'll give them my attention. If it's not, then I'll spend more time in my own kids' classrooms and, as most of you know, I'll find other things to pour my energy into. I've already been putting more time into the newly created East River Foster Parent Network and have also been approached about putting more time into another position within the church. Also, Camp Adventure, one of the groups I've been involved in and written some grants for, is reciving a check on Thursday and the camp director, myself and two other board members have been invited to the brunch/check presentation. They won't tell us the amount granted until the presentation, but we're pretty sure it'll be a great boost for camp!
.
I'll be more intentional about blogging again now that our family is getting back to a "regular" schedule.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment