Saturday, June 25, 2011

This picture was taken today at the hotel waterpark. The gentleman sitting beside Steve is Grandpa Al. After a fun day today, we went out to Grandma Lori & Grandpa Al's for a cookout and fireworks. Grandma Lori headed out first to get the supper started and the girls (Brittney, Taylor and cousin Kayla) rode out to the farm with Grandpa Al. We (Steve, Anthony, Riley, the baby and myself) stopped by the lake house for a few minutes and then drove out to the farm. When we got there, the boys jumped out of the van as soon as we pulled into the yard, but it took me a few minutes to get the baby changed. As I was walking towards the house, Taylor came running towards me saying something about someone falling. I didn't really understand what she was trying to tell me so I kept asking her to repeat herself. She said that Grandpa Al fell and pointed. I looked and saw Grandma Lori bent over in the grass beside her house an then I saw Al on the ground. I started running. He appeared to be unconcious. We tried to call his name and pat his face to wake him up but as soon as we saw it was having little effect, Lori started dialing 911 and I sent Taylor into the house to try to get some more help. Time slowed down and rushed quickly, all at the same time. Al was breathing very spuratically and had a very faint pulse. Eventually, we couldn't find a pulse at all and he was turning blue. Steve and Nate started CPR with chest compressions. Eventually the rescue truck arrived and they took over. Finally the ambulance came. They hooked up the di-fib.

During the CPR, I could do nothing but pray and try to comfort Lori and Brooke by holding them. The prayers of my heart started coming out of my mouth. I prayed for healing. I prayed for peace. I prayed for the medical team. I prayed for Al's heart and body. As the team continued to work, I continued to pray. After the ambulance left, I went inside and talked to the kids. After I explained what was going on, Taylor suggested we pray for Grandpa Al.

 I wanted to write this blog and tell you that God started Al's heart and healed his body. I wanted to tell you that this event brought us together as a family. I wanted to tell you that this has drawn everyone into a closer relationship with God.

I can't tell you any of that. We got the phone call that Al passed away. Grandma Lori is not doing well emotionally. Most of the family is still at the hospital.

Please pray with me for the family. Specifically, Grandma Lori (our boys' biological grandma), who is now without her husband. Also, her daughter Liz, her daughter Brooke, and their husbands (who were there with us during the course of the evening.  I'm not even sure how to pray right now except that this is when they will need God the most because it's when they will feel the most alone and question God the most. I'm not sure why God allowed this timing. I know it definitely wasn't my timing.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment