Friday, August 27, 2010

I sort of forgot to mention that Steve and I had our 13 year anniversary on August 16th.  It's the same day as Taylor's birthday and with all the kids school stuff going on, we really didn't do anything special.  Seem like that happens pretty much every year : )  I always tell him that after the kids are old enough, we'll go out for supper by ourselves again.  We were getting closer to that time until we took Sophia!
.
Steve's been temporarily working 9am - 6pm at Daktronics because of some staff changes.  Usually it means he doesn't get home until between 7-8pm.  I ok'd the new time but it's been interesting trying to have all the kids taken care of so I can attend all the school orientation stuff this week.  I take the baby with me pretty much everywhere so I just shuffle around the rest of the kids for a couple of hours.  It would be a lot easier if I was rich and could just pay someone to watch them whenever I had to go to a meeting : )  But it's not like I didn't know what I was getting into!  Anyway, I've got 3 parent meetings done and just 2 more to go.
.
Brittney loves 7th grade.  She got on the Red Team and I've known her homeroom teacher for years.  I actually had him as a teacher and he's a friend of Grandma Connies.  Brit also has the high school gymnastic coach as her science teacher, an aquaintance from church as her math teacher, and some more of Grandma's friends as language, reading and tech teachers.  Brit's still playing the flute in band and will be trying out for the high school gymnastics team in October.  So far, her homework has been totally manageable and she gets most of it done at school. 
.
Riley's in 3rd grade and I was so excited that his teacher is the daughter of the 1st grade teacher that we loved.  Riley loves science and is really good at math.   He's developed a love of reading, especially about animals or science stuff.  His favorite part of school is being dropped off early in the morning so that he has lots of time to play with his friends.  He's a bit bummed because he just found out that we didn't get him signed up for football this fall.  I thought it was school-sponsored so I told him last year that he could play when he was in third grade.  Apparently, it's not a school activity until middle school.  Until then, you have to pay to play, just like baseball and soccer.  That wasn't in the budget for this fall so I'm hoping it'll work out next year, partly because football's my favorite sport too!
.
Baby's awake so I'll try to get to the other kids updates a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment