Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yesterday, part 1 - Tay's Class

I started the morning with the usual. Five kids up, fed, dressed, teeth brushed, beds made and rooms picked up. Steve usually takes Brittney, so I dropped Riley, Zeke and Taylor off at school. Next, Anthony and I went to his preschool and I went back to my van and had a quiet two minute ride by myself back to the elementary school. My coffee and I signed in at the front office to help in Taylor's class. I've been going in every Wednesday at 8:45am for an hour or two. I've gotten to do lots of different things with the kids, usually one-on-one or in groups of two or three. Sometimes I have them read to me, sometimes we work on spelling and once we even painted pumpkins! Yesterday, the teacher had sight words (words the kids are learing to recognize by just looking at them) that we used to play a game of memory. The kids love playing games and it helps them learn the words. I'm so glad that I get the opportunity be in the class. I get to spend extra time with Taylor, I get to know the kids in her class, I get to know her teachers better, and I get to help kids learn. It's one of the highlights of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment