Monday, September 28, 2009

Zeke's Hearing

Today we took Zeke to the School for the Deaf in Sioux Falls for yet another hearing evaluation. It was pretty thorough but we really won't know much until they receive the results from various other sources and we see yet another ENT. I feel like we're going around in circles. The current count is: 2 audiology exams at USD school of Medicine, 4 different school hearing tests, one exam by an inept ENT, one exam by two good ENT's from Gillette Children's Hospital, one Brain Stem Response test in Sioux Falls, one audiology exam at School for the Deaf and now another visit to a Sioux Falls ENT. Maybe soon we'll find out if there's anything we can do about his hearing! * I spent 2 hours the other day filling out paperwork prior to the School for the Deaf visit. I get so tired of trying to answer questions like: "How much did he weigh at birth?, How long was he at birth?, medical history?, previous schools attended including addresses and dates?, previous hearing evaluations including addresses and dates?, previous medical care including addresses and dates? when did he first walk, talk and various other milestones?" There were plenty more in the 8 pages of questions but you get the idea. I have three giant binders that I put all of Zeke's medical information into to try to make sure it's organized. When we got Zeke, we received a box of information that took me 2 years to sort out. Fortunately, I was able to search through that paperwork for some of the answers I needed. I know, I could just write "Don't know" but I'd like to give the most thorough answers possible so they have as much information as possible to help Zeke. * And just in case you're wondering, Zeke was born at 37 1/2 weeks and weighed 5 lbs 9 oz!

No comments:

Post a Comment