Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brittney Says

Brittney forgot her backpack at the church and after numerous suggestions by me of ways she could get it, she asked if Steve could use his key to the church to get the backpack early in the morning. This was following a week of 'misplacing' her gymnastics leo and forgetting her band folder. Then earlier this afternoon, she asked if she could go home with a friend and make cookies for their church snack but ended up calling me an hour and a half before church to let me know that I needed to bake the cookies because they hadn't. By the time we were discussing the backpack tonight, I had had enough. . I emphatically told her, "This forgetting your things and expecting everyone else to get them for you isn't going to cut it in the real world." . She retorted, "This is the real world and I'm already in it!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment