Monday, June 22, 2009

Skip the Coffee & Go Right to the Dew

Today was a day of huge personality conflicts. As of 7 am this morning, Riley was crying in his room and Taylor was at the the bottom of the stairs screaming at the top of her lungs "I hate this family! Everyone hates me! I hate everyone!" Meanwhile, Zeke was upset because he didn't get the cereal he wanted and Anthony was just generally getting into everything and making a mess. Steve was trying to get ready for work since he's supposed to be there at 7:30am and Brit was just tired from the sleepover she had this weekend. I know it's going to be a challenging day when I skip my morning coffee and go right to the Mountain Dew! The fighting continued through breakfast, making beds, brushing teeth and the arrival of David, the 9 month old I babysit. As I piled all the kids into the van to drive Brit to gymnastics @ 8:30, I took a deep breath as the fighting began again, only now everyone was in much closer quarters. After a few minutes, I turned on the CD of the Vacation Bible School music and I kid you not, there was instant peace! Every kid, except David, began singing along. Even though I've heard the same few songs a million times and tend to get a bit annoyed with them, today I was so thankful that the kids love them. And who knows, maybe they'll actually understand the words and put them into practice some day. God works in mysterious ways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment