Monday, June 15, 2009

One Busy Summer Day

This is my first post on my new blog spot. I was really good at keeping everyone updated while Zeke and I were in the hospital but have pretty much been out of touch since then. I kind of miss writing, even if no one but me reads it :) My thought this week: Sometimes He calms the storm and sometimes He calms His child. Today started out rather normally in our family of 7. The kids had breakfast, Steve went work, David came (the 8 month old I babysit 3 days a week), I piled all the kids in the van and took Brittney to Gymnastics, came home and fed David, piled all the kids in the van again and went to swimming lessons. Riley is in level 3 and does really well when he actually listens to the instructor. Taylor is in level 2 and is very cooperative, at least in swimming. Anthony and Zeke are both in level 1 this year. I was actually nervous about both of them being in the same level but as long as they don't sit beside each other it goes pretty well. Especially considering Zeke can't walk on the surface area around the pool without his braces on and because of his hearing loss and the acoustics in the pool, he yells a lot and can't really hear the teachers unless he's right beside them. But it level 1 so he fits right in! I had just gotten all the kids into the pool and David rocked to sleep in the stroller when I got a phone call from the 13 year old. She was supposed to be walking to pick up her niece and nephew from summer school but she was lost. Our town isn't really that big but she only came to town 3 weeks ago and doesn't really know her way around. Plus, it was raining. I asked her where she was and she had no idea so I jumped back into the van to go look for her. She called back and said the she was on 12th St. I thought she probably mean 12 St . South so I cruised around until I found her. She soaking wet and clinging to the street sign. I rolled up, she hopped in and we went to pick up the kids. After swimming, we filled the van with gas and headed home for a quick bite of lunch. Steve took the afternoon off to go to Zeke's orthopedic doctor with us so he picked up Brittney from gymnastics while I droppped Riley and Taylor at Boys & Girls club. We met back at home, dropped off Brittney and Anthony and started our hour drive to the doctor. Steve and I actually conversed on the way since the only two kids we had with us decided to take an afternoon nap. How great is that! The appointment took about an hour with the end result being a new pair of orthodic braces for Zeke. Two weeks ago I had taken him in to be casted for them and now they were ready. He loves getting new braces because he knows he gets to pick what he wants on them. These have Batman. He also gets new shoes since his new braces don't usually fit into his old shoes. This time the shoes had to be Transformer. I'm happy that we can still utilize places like Payless. We were able to get the fun shoes and also a black pair for church for only about $35.00. That's about it for the day, other than supper and Taylor's first T-Ball game tonight. It rained most of the day so I'll probably keep the other kids home tonight and Steve will attend the game. He can cheer extra loud for me! Riley's games actually look like Little League Games but Taylor's tend to be more like something out of America's Funniest Home Videos :) FUN QUOTES FROM THE WEEK FROM ANTHONY: *Can we go sleep in our cabinet? (While we were camping in a "cabin") *Hey, guess what? My pee is like lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment